HTML Editor with Rulers
Work is being done on an WYSIWYG HTML editor with embedded rulers. The goal is to produce a document that can be edited on the web and can be processed by the CollinsPDF object to generate a superior bid document. Bids generally have one or more tables embedded, I need to simplify the task of creating tables, cutting and pasting them between other documents and then reproducing them in a PDF file.
The ruler handles; free form text that is formatted into columns. The format will be an html document with 2 added tags:
- ruler "<RULER LEFT=20 TABS="1,2,...,n" RIGHT=1024>"
- tab = 09 tab character
Tabs in the ruler define the width and handling of columns:
- drag Mouse - move Margin or Tab
- Ctrl-Key and drag-mouse - Move All
- double-click bar -- add new tab
- double-click "T" -- remove tab